Norwich City boss gets his wish with Capital One Cup home draw against Doncaster
Norwich City tonight landed another Capital One Cup home draw against League One promotion hopefuls Doncaster in round three.
Chris Hughton's men knocked out Scunthorpe 2-1 in midweek and the Canaries' reward is a test against the Iron's divisional rivals in the week commencing September 24. Hughton admitted earlier in the day his priority was another Carrow Road date after Simon Lappin and Wes Hoolahan's goals edged his side past Scunthorpe.
'Anybody at home,' he said. 'I was delighted with the performance on Tuesday. That gave me a chance to change personnel. First and foremost, and I don't want to be detrimental to anybody else, but if you can avoid the big ones, the Premier League teams you would but the most important thing is a home tie.'
Doncaster reached round three with a 3-2 win over Championship neighbours Hull. Holders Liverpool enter the competition with a trip to West Brom. Former Norwich boss Paul Lambert must take his Aston Villa side to Premier League champions Manchester City whilst Manchester United host Newcastle in the stand out tie of the third round.
You may also want to watch:
• Capital One Cup third round draw:
Man Utd v Newcastle, Man City v Aston Villa, MK Dons v Sunderland, West Brom v Liverpool, Crawley v Swansea, QPR v Reading, Norwich v Doncaster, Bradford v Burton, Preston v Middlesbrough, Arsenal v Coventry, Southampton v Sheff Wed, Chelsea v Wolves, Carlisle v Tottenham, Swindon v Burnley, West Ham v Wigan, Leeds v Everton,
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 4 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- 5 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 6 City closing in on Werder Bremen striker
- 7 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 8 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 9 Jailed in July: Drug dealing, knife crime and manslaughter
- 10 Man in 30s dies after crash on A12