Norwich City boss Alex Neil on shortlist for Rangers job – reports
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City boss Alex Neil remains on Rangers' radar in their search for a new boss.
The Ibrox giants are reportedly closing in on appointing Mark Warburton's successor with a delegation of directors flying to London this week to interview candidates.
Neil was surprisingly installed as the bookmakers' favourite on Tuesday although his odds have now drifted with Alex McLeish now in pole position.
However, whilst the Daily Record is reporting that McLeish will be interviewed for the post this week, it is claimed that Neil is also on their shortlist alongside former Birmingham City boss Gary Rowett.
Portuguese coach Pedro Caixinha is also in the frame for the job after coming close to being appointed in 2015. The 46-year-old is currently head coach of Qatari club Al-Gharafa but could be tempted by the gravatus of the Rangers job.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich City stuck to their policy of not commenting on speculation when asked about the Rangers rumours surrounding Neil.
The City boss will undoubtedly be asked about the link at his press conference on Friday, just as he was when speculation arose that his first team coach, Alan Irvine, was in the frame.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 4 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 5 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 6 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 7 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 10 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
Former Norwich City striker Chris Sutton admitted he was surprised to see Neil linked with a move north of the border.
He told BT Sport: 'Is Alex Neil going to leave Norwich? I don't think so. His standing is he was under pressure (at Norwich), they went through a tricky period saw it through, but there was always this lingering thing in the background with Alex Neil about a huge pay off and whether that kept him in a job.
'I would be shocked if he ended up at Rangers.'