Norwich City betting preview: What odds on a John Ruddy clean sheet?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City and QPR have nothing to play for in a Championship finale at Carrow Road - but there are plenty of sub-plots.
City, unsurprisingly, are odds on to maintain their solid home form and finish a disappointing league campaign on a positive note. Alan Irvine has made it clear in the build up he wants to end his stint on an upbeat note, after the manner Norwich were pegged back at Leeds United. Irvine is 8/13 to lead City to victory in his 10th and final match in charge.
But Sunday afternoon is likely to be dominated by John Ruddy's farewell. The big man bows out after 243 games, two promotions, an England cap and two relegations. Ruddy's long and loyal service will be recognised by the home fans. Irvine confirmed on Thursday that Ruddy will get his chance to play. What about a sentimental clean sheet? 7/4 is the price for Norwich to keep a shut out.
Steven Whittaker is another of the seven senior boys set to be released when their current contracts expire. Whittaker, like Ruddy, continued to train after the announcement and the Scot may be rewarded with a final day cameo. Whittaker is 16/1 to be Norwich's first scorer or 9/2 to score in the 90 minutes.
Mitchell Dijks may be making his last Norwich appearance, if the Canaries are unable to strike a deal with Ajax and the Dutch full-back for next season. Dijks to score in 90 minutes is 10/1. Given his power and threat from set pieces that might be worth consideration.
You may also want to watch:
Cameron Jerome is on 16 goals for the season. With Nelson Oliveira struggling with flu earlier this week Jerome must be in with a strong chance of starting. How about 100/30 he outscores QPR or 10/1 to score within the first 10 minutes?
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 3 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 4 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 5 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
• Match Odds (Odds supplied by Sky Bet)
Norwich City: 8/13 Draw: 16/5 QPR: 4/1
• First Goalscorer market
Cameron Jerome 7/2
Nelson Oliveira 9/2
Jacob Murphy 5/1
Yanic Wildschut 6/1
Josh Murphy 13/2
Wes Hoolahan 8/1
Jonny Howson 8/1
Graham Dorrans 8/1
Idrissa Sylla 7/1
Conor Washington 8/1
Matt Smith 8/1
Jamie Mackie 9/1
Pavel Wszolek 12/1
No goalscorer 18/1