Norwich City back-up keeper Jake Kean joins Colchester United on loan
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City keeper Jake Kean has joined League One strugglers Colchester United on a 28-day loan deal.
Kean is yet to make a first-team appearance for the Canaries after moving to Carrow Road following his release from Blackburn Rovers last summer, but has played five matches for the Under-21s, most recently featuring in their 0-0 draw with Liverpool before Christmas.
The Us currently sit second bottom of the table but drew 1-1 away to Oldham Athletic last weekend. Gorleston-bred keeper Remi Matthews recently returned to the Canaries from his loan spell at Burton and Declan Rudd and John Ruddy remain the two senior keepers in Alex Neil's squad.
Meanwhile former Norwich City striker Luciano Becchio is training with Championship club Rotherham United, where he had a spell on loan last season before leaving Carrow Road to return to his native Argentina.
Rotherham manager Neil Redfearn knows all about Becchio's potential from their time together at Leeds.
You may also want to watch:
'Luciano looks really good. He's somebody I know from my time at Leeds. He was prolific there,' he said. 'If we can get him in the right mould and the right vein of form he's a really good target man at this level. He's young enough to play at this level for another four or five years. He is somebody we can get something sorted out with him. He's got to prove his fitness because he's had an injury.
'He has to prove he is free from that. We'll look at his match fitness. In an ideal world he is fit and he is free from his injury and then it becomes a no-brainer for us.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 6 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 7 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 8 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 9 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 10 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre