Norwich City at Wembley: Club announces new season ticket holders and priority members for next year can join race for final tickets
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images
Norwich City fans desperate to get a ticket for next week's Wembley play-off semi-final showdown have been handed another chance to get a seat - by buying a priority membership for next season.
The Carrow Road club confirmed earlier today that no tickets would go on general sale for the clash with Middlesbrough on bank holiday Monday, to the disappointment of many fans.
But the club has now started selling priority membership for 2015/16, with those who spend £20 to join for next season also in with a chance of bagging a Wembley ticket when those which still remain go on sale at 6pm tomorrow.
New season ticket holders, who have bought a season ticket for 2015/16 for the first time will also be eligible to join the scramble for tickets.
Season ticket holders and priority members were given the first chance to buy their tickets and will get the chance to buy one extra ticket per customer number come tomorrow night, along with away season ticket holders and shareholder members.
The club has confirmed that there will be no Wembley tickets available for general sale to non-members.
Some 15,000 tickets were sold within a couple of hours of online sales starting on Saturday night, following the 3-1 play-off semi-final second leg against Ipswich Town.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 Man's surprise at finding virtually naked man asleep on car in Cromer
- 3 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 4 'Not our problem' - Tyre mountain boss exports 350 tonnes of rubber 'I know not where'
- 5 Two men arrested after fire caused by disposable BBQ at country park
- 6 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 7 Plans for roundabout at accident blackspot could be lodged 'in next couple of months'
- 8 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 9 Man who rushed to help woman stabbed in city park feared she might die
- 10 Flood alerts pass off peacefully along the north Norfolk coast
The club has not revealed how many tickets are left, referring to only a 'limited number', but it looks likely that no tickets will be left come the end of tomorrow night.
Eligible fans are able to buy an extra one ticket per customer number, maximum of eight tickets per transaction.
Norwich's Teesside opponents sold the last of their 38,000 allocation of tickets today, some of which were made available for general sale.