Norwich City announce new away ticket allocation system
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City are changing how away match tickets are allocated for first team games this season.
The new process means supporters no longer have to save their match ticket stubs, instead allocating away tickets based upon a points system. Supporters with the most points will get priority on away tickets.
All supporters who watched the team away from home last season will receive a letter or email detailing the new system and their current away point total.
The club will allocate points for season tickets or priority memberships and any away matches that supporters have purchased tickets for last season.
Points will be allocated in the following way:
• Home Season Ticket Holders: 1,000 points
- 1 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 2 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 5 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 6 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 7 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'
- 8 Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumatic accident
- 9 New Lidl could create 40 'living wage' jobs
- 10 Schools face classroom closures due to Covid
• Priority Members: 500 points
• Non-Member: 0 points
• Each Away Match: 50 points
Away season ticket holders will continue to be sent their tickets automatically.
For each away game that supporters bought a ticket last season, they will be awarded 50 away points, allocated to their personal account.
Supporters can check the number of away points they have online at www.canaries.co.uk by following the links to buy online. Away points total will show in the 'My Account' section.
Supporters that can't go online can call the club on 0844 826 1902 or visit in person at the Carrow Road ticket office or official stores at Chapelfield or the Castle Mall to check their points.
• HOW AWAY TICKETS WILL BE ALLOCATED
1. All supporters with a pre-determined number of points, which will vary game-by game, please see point 4 below, will be able to purchase tickets in advance and their tickets will be sent as soon as the club receives them.
2. All supporters with less than the predetermined number of points will be able to apply for a ticket and if the club are able to offer supporters with their number of away points a ticket, the club will contact them so they can purchase their tickets.
3. It is important that supporters apply if they would like to purchase a ticket, as this will help the club decide if they require a larger allocation or not.
4. The pre-determined number of points will vary depending upon the ticket allocation received.
5. The level of predetermined points for each away game will be advertised on the club's website and supporters will also be emailed with the ticket information for each game.
6. If supporters purchase or apply for tickets with other supporters, the tickets must be purchased in the same transaction. To do this online supporters will need to register the other supporters as their friends and family in the 'My Account' section.
7. If supporters are applying with supporters with different away points totals they will only be able to apply together when the club reaches the lowest number of away points in that group. If supporters do not do this and purchase tickets in different transactions their tickets will be allocated separately.
8. For each away game each customer number will be allocated one lot of points, so if supporters have purchased two tickets for one game using one customer number they will only receive 50 points.
9. Points will only be allocated against competitive first team away match tickets purchased through Norwich City Football Club.
10. Home season ticket holders who have also purchased a priority membership will only receive points for the home season ticket, they will not receive the priority membership points.