Norwich City announce extra security measures at Carrow Road for upcoming season
- Credit: Mike Page
Norwich City fans can expect extra security measures at Carrow Road on match days this season.
The club have announced the heightened security measures following recent terrorist incidents in London and Manchester.
Following consultations with local authorities, including Norfolk Constabulary, there will be an enhanced security presence at all matches played at the stadium and there will be limitations on items that can be brought into the ground, including restrictions on bag sizes. Bags larger than 40cm x 35cm x 19cm will not be allowed into the stadium.
Fans can also expect an increased level of checks and searches prior to entering the stadium.
Due to these extra security arrangements supporters are advised to arrive as early as possible to the ground.
A statement on the club's website said: 'We would advise all fans who bring bags to matches to review the size of the bag and its contents to prevent delays at turnstiles. For security reasons the club will not be able to store items for supporters during the game.'
Saturday's pre-season friendly against Brighton is a 3pm kick-off, with Carrow Road open to hospitality customers from midday and all other supporters from 1.30pm.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 Man's surprise at finding virtually naked man asleep on car in Cromer
- 3 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 4 'Not our problem' - Tyre mountain boss exports 350 tonnes of rubber 'I know not where'
- 5 Two men arrested after fire caused by disposable BBQ at country park
- 6 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 7 Plans for roundabout at accident blackspot could be lodged 'in next couple of months'
- 8 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 9 Man who rushed to help woman stabbed in city park feared she might die
- 10 Flood alerts pass off peacefully along the north Norfolk coast
The first Sky Bet Championship match of the season at Carrow Road is against Sunderland on August 13.