Norwich City announce extra security measures at Carrow Road for upcoming season
- Credit: Mike Page
Norwich City fans can expect extra security measures at Carrow Road on match days this season.
The club have announced the heightened security measures following recent terrorist incidents in London and Manchester.
Following consultations with local authorities, including Norfolk Constabulary, there will be an enhanced security presence at all matches played at the stadium and there will be limitations on items that can be brought into the ground, including restrictions on bag sizes. Bags larger than 40cm x 35cm x 19cm will not be allowed into the stadium.
Fans can also expect an increased level of checks and searches prior to entering the stadium.
Due to these extra security arrangements supporters are advised to arrive as early as possible to the ground.
You may also want to watch:
A statement on the club's website said: 'We would advise all fans who bring bags to matches to review the size of the bag and its contents to prevent delays at turnstiles. For security reasons the club will not be able to store items for supporters during the game.'
Saturday's pre-season friendly against Brighton is a 3pm kick-off, with Carrow Road open to hospitality customers from midday and all other supporters from 1.30pm.
- 1 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 2 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 5 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 6 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 7 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 8 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 9 Norfolk lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 10 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
The first Sky Bet Championship match of the season at Carrow Road is against Sunderland on August 13.