Norwich City announce cheaper tickets than offered in recent away supporters deal by Newcastle United
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images
Norwich City has announced it is funding a 50pc reduction in ticket prices for supporters ahead of next month's long trip to Newcastle United.
The Canaries last week turned down Newcastle's offer to other Premier League club's for a deal on away ticket prices which would have seen tickets for the St James' Park clash on November 23 cost £20.
The deal was for reciprocal pricing, so Newcastle fans would have also paid £20 for tickets for the return clash at Carrow Road later in the season.
Swansea and West Brom have signed up to the deal but the Canaries decided not to.
But City have today announced they will subsidise the price of tickets for the match at Newcastle, a 3pm kick-off, with an adult seat costing £17.50.
It follows a Premier League initiative started for the season which saw clubs set aside £200,000 to help supporters with away ticket prices.
You may also want to watch:
Newcastle will be the third longest trip of the season for City fans, at 258 miles, behind Welsh clubs Swansea City (310 miles) and Cardiff City (273 miles).
A club spokesman said: 'This is the fifth away game of the season so far for which we have offered discounts on tickets or free coach travel as a thank-you to our fantastic away supporters, following initiatives for the trips to Hull City, Stoke City, Manchester United and Manchester City.
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 6 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 7 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
'Thanks to the Club's latest gesture, members of the Yellow Army making the trek to the north-east to see us take on Alan Pardew's Magpies will pay half price for their tickets.'
The tickets are now on general sale on a one ticket per customer number basis, priced at £17.50 for adults, £12.50 for over-65s, £12.50 for students and £10 for under-18s.
Tickets and coach travel for £33, with a £1 discount for season ticket holders, are available at canaries.co.uk, by calling 0844 826 1902, or by visiting the Carrow Road ticket office or official stores at the Castle Mall or Chapelfield Shopping Centre.