Norwich City announce cheaper tickets than offered in recent away supporters deal by Newcastle United
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images
Norwich City has announced it is funding a 50pc reduction in ticket prices for supporters ahead of next month's long trip to Newcastle United.
The Canaries last week turned down Newcastle's offer to other Premier League club's for a deal on away ticket prices which would have seen tickets for the St James' Park clash on November 23 cost £20.
The deal was for reciprocal pricing, so Newcastle fans would have also paid £20 for tickets for the return clash at Carrow Road later in the season.
Swansea and West Brom have signed up to the deal but the Canaries decided not to.
But City have today announced they will subsidise the price of tickets for the match at Newcastle, a 3pm kick-off, with an adult seat costing £17.50.
It follows a Premier League initiative started for the season which saw clubs set aside £200,000 to help supporters with away ticket prices.
Newcastle will be the third longest trip of the season for City fans, at 258 miles, behind Welsh clubs Swansea City (310 miles) and Cardiff City (273 miles).
A club spokesman said: 'This is the fifth away game of the season so far for which we have offered discounts on tickets or free coach travel as a thank-you to our fantastic away supporters, following initiatives for the trips to Hull City, Stoke City, Manchester United and Manchester City.
- 1 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 4 Train travellers set for another weekend of rail disruption
- 5 Woman in serious condition in hospital after crash between two cars and van
- 6 Mum trying to find lost 'heart' of daughter who died days after birthday
- 7 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 8 Redundancy leads to Norfolk mum earning up to £3,000 a month
- 9 Abnormal load to travel through county on first day of Norfolk Show
- 10 North Norfolk glamping site named among best in the UK
'Thanks to the Club's latest gesture, members of the Yellow Army making the trek to the north-east to see us take on Alan Pardew's Magpies will pay half price for their tickets.'
The tickets are now on general sale on a one ticket per customer number basis, priced at £17.50 for adults, £12.50 for over-65s, £12.50 for students and £10 for under-18s.
Tickets and coach travel for £33, with a £1 discount for season ticket holders, are available at canaries.co.uk, by calling 0844 826 1902, or by visiting the Carrow Road ticket office or official stores at the Castle Mall or Chapelfield Shopping Centre.