Norwich City 1, Manchester United 0 - what the nationals said
The national newspapers' views on Norwich City's 1-0 win over Manchester United.
Sunday Mirror: 'Manchester United reject Anthony Pilkington wrecked his former club's chances of going back to the top of the Premier League.'
The Mail on Sunday: 'The East Anglians, tipped to be among the relegation battlers, followed up victory over Arsenal with an even more impressive performance to beat the giants from Old Trafford.'
You may also want to watch:
The Observer: 'Everyone inside Carrow Road waited patiently for the Manchester United onslaught but it never materialised . . . for once, there was no late comeback.'
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 4 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Man and woman found dead in home
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 10 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
The Independent: 'Without Rooney, United lacked that crucial battle rage. Norwich, however, provided plenty of it and further bridged the gap between the two teams.'
The Sunday Telegraph: 'Sir Alex Ferguson claimed during the week that he could not recall Pilkington's year as a Manchester United trainee but he knows all about the Norwich City player now.'