Boos and cheers for Oliveira during Brentford defeat as seventh goal of the season proves too little, too late for City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Our latest Norwich City player watch followed the fortunes of striker Nelson Oliveira during last night's 2-1 home defeat to Brentford. Here's how his evening unfolded...
9 – Loses ball on the right but Grant Hanley steps up to prevent a counter.
10 – Good play from Marco Stiepermann on the left and a fine cross but Bjelland prevents the forward making clean contact with his header and keeper Daniel Bentley clears up.
11 – Played down the left by Mario Vrancic, cuts inside to shoot on his right but blasts against Marley Watkins from 20 yards.
14 – Pinto block bounces kindly and the Portuguese striker loses possession trying to play Alex Pritchard through but battles back to reclaim the ball, only for Pinto to over-hit a cross.
You may also want to watch:
30 – Pritchard fine pass into right channel but Oliveira's touch is heavy, beats keeper to the ball and shoots from a tight angle but it's saved.
40 – Challenges Yoann Barbet in the air on the right wing and is annoyed to see a foul given against him.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 8 City confirm midfielder exit
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
49 – Vrancic chips a cross towards Watkins which is headed clear and Oliveira thrashes a ridiculous shot which hits the roof of the River End stand.
52 – Does well to control a James Maddison pass but low cross from the left cleared, with no one in the box.
58 – Reed plays forward but the striker is easily dispossessed by Bjelland and Barclay boos the weak effort.
59 – Maddison floats free-kick in, Oliveira rises but can only flick weakly at goal.
63 – Keeps Stiepermann's cross alive, shoots on the turn but Barbet charges down, Vrancic volleys just over.
77 – Murphy thumps a cross to the right, Oliveira barges Bjelland over trying to get his head on the ball, foul correctly given.
81 – Pritchard rabona cross and Oliveira can't get enough power on the header and it's held.
90 – Maddison rolls the ball to Oliveira on the edge of the box and he snatches at the chance, firing an awful effort metres over the bar.
Verdict: Thumping late strike brought a seventh goal of the season but otherwise a frustrated performance with too many low notes.
Rating: 6 out of 10