Norwich chief Lambert makes his mind up for Swansea clash
Norwich City boss Paul Lambert says he knows his starting XI for tomorrow's Championship promotion battle at Swansea – but has remained tight-lipped on the fitness of Wes Hoolahan.
The Irish playmaker was withdrawn with a hamstring injury just past the hour mark in last weekend's 6-0 romp against Scunthorpe.
Lambert revealed at his weekly press conference on Friday morning he plans to speak again with the midfielder before announcing his line up to the players.
'We'll have to wait and see,' he said. 'I'll have a chat with him this morning and see what we think. I know the team that will start. The lads did well last weekend but you try and pick the best team that you think is going to win a game. That's what I'll try and do and that is all I have ever done since I have been here. You can't please all the people all the time but that is football management I think.'
Lambert also confirmed Chris Martin is back training with the first team squad after suffering a hamstring injury that had sidelined the striker for the past two months.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 7 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 8 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 9 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 10 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000