Watch highlights of City’s 3-2 home triumph over Reading
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
After a relatively barren spell the Carrow Road crowd were able to enjoy five goals on Saturday – and you can watch those goals back right here.
The Canaries moved 2-0 ahead in the first half thanks to headers from Mario Vrancic and Grant Hanley after James Maddison corners, both scoring their first league goals for the club.
Liam Kelly reduced the deficit for the Royals before Maddison made it 3-1 with a penalty. Sam Smith made it 3-2 early in the second half and the Canaries held on for the win, missing some good chances and needing Angus Gunn to make a fine late save from Yann Kermorgant.
It followed successive 0-0 draws against Bolton and Nottingham Forest in the last two home games, which had followed a 1-1 draw against Ipswich in which Timm Klose had scored a dramatic injury-time equaliser.
Prior to that derby game was a 1-0 win over Middlesbrough and a 2-1 defeat to Sheffield United, so five goals in one game was something of a treat for the Carrow Road faithful on a freezing cold day.
You may also want to watch:
• Watch the highlights of the Reading game above
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 4 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 6 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 7 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 8 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 9 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 10 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash