‘You can’t beat the drama of a last-minute equaliser’ – Canaries fans revel in Ipswich Town’s late heartbreak
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
It may only have been a draw but the dramatic style of Norwich City's 1-1 draw with Ipswich felt more like a win for Canaries fans this afternoon. Here's the best of the post-game reaction.
Town skipper Luke Chambers thought he had brought an end to City's derby dominance when he turned home from a corner in the 89th minute but the hosts refused to be beaten.
James Maddison's long ball forward was superbly kept alive by defender Grant Hanley to the right of the penalty area and his cross was headed home by fellow centre-back Timm Klose with just second remaining of five added minutes,
It sparked wild scenes at Carrow Road, as some fans made it on to the pitch to join in the celebrations, as Ipswich saw their search for a win over their nearest rivals extend to 10 matches.
After the excitement had subsided it ended up being a point which did little for either team's play-off hopes, although Norwich have now lost just one of their last nine and the Blues have won just two of their last 10.
You may also want to watch:
They moved up a place each, to 11th and 12th initially, ahead of Leeds' home game against Bristol City, which could also see their seven-point gaps to the top six be extended if the latter were to win.
Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 4 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 5 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- 6 City closing in on Werder Bremen striker
- 7 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 8 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 9 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 10 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village