‘Not the first time Oliveira has been dropped for attitude’ – Striker’s absence is focus for City fans after Forest blank
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The absence of striker Nelson Oliveira was the hot topic among Norwich City supporters following a 0-0 home draw with Nottingham Forest. Here's the best of the reaction...
The Canaries stretched their unbeaten run to seven matches with a 0-0 stalemate against Forest but the last five of those games have all been draws, with Oliveira's absence not helping in the search for goals.
It prompted weary groans rather than angry boos at full-time, with the play-off places 10 points away and thoughts increasingly turning to what head coach Daniel Farke can achieve next season.
Josh Murphy forced a good save from Forest keeper Costel Pantilimon from a James Maddison corner midway through the first half, as the visitors failed to take advantage of some sloppy defensive play.
Maddison and Grant Hanley both went close in the second half but the hosts struggled to build up a head of steam, slipping to an eighth home draw of the campaign, from 18 league matches.
You may also want to watch:
Next up is a trip to struggling Hull City on Saturday, who lost 2-1 at home to play-off chasing Millwall and sit just three points above the relegation zone.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 10 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk