No outcasts in Neil Adams’ Norwich City squad
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2014
Neil Adams insists his Norwich City players have a clean slate as he bids to plot a route back to the Premier League.
City released their squad numbers earlier this week, with the likes of record signing Ricky van Wolfswinkel and last season's team captain Sebastien Bassong notably handed different shirt numbers ahead of the new campaign, but Adams is not prepared to rule any player out of his plans at this early stage.
Republic of Ireland duo Wes Hoolahan and Anthony Pilkington both had limited opportunity to impress during his five-game stint in charge last season, but the Norwich boss has reiterated everyone knows exactly where they stand with him.
'I did that with all of them at the end of last season when I didn't know if I was going to get the permanent position or not,' he said. 'I felt even then you had to have a contingency plan. The players have let me know whether they want to be here or not and that will remain confidential but in terms of a clean slate everyone has an opportunity to impress.
'I wouldn't want to be patronising and say I haven't formed opinions on players. I saw them closely last season, both on and off the pitch, and that comes into my considerations but I am not foolish enough to think if there is one player who perhaps I thought might not be in my plans goes out and is the best lad we've got in that position then he will find himself in the team.
You may also want to watch:
'We have got pre-season and five or six weeks now to have a really good look. The opportunity is there now for all of them.'
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 6 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 9 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk