No outcasts in Neil Adams’ Norwich City squad
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2014
Neil Adams insists his Norwich City players have a clean slate as he bids to plot a route back to the Premier League.
City released their squad numbers earlier this week, with the likes of record signing Ricky van Wolfswinkel and last season's team captain Sebastien Bassong notably handed different shirt numbers ahead of the new campaign, but Adams is not prepared to rule any player out of his plans at this early stage.
Republic of Ireland duo Wes Hoolahan and Anthony Pilkington both had limited opportunity to impress during his five-game stint in charge last season, but the Norwich boss has reiterated everyone knows exactly where they stand with him.
'I did that with all of them at the end of last season when I didn't know if I was going to get the permanent position or not,' he said. 'I felt even then you had to have a contingency plan. The players have let me know whether they want to be here or not and that will remain confidential but in terms of a clean slate everyone has an opportunity to impress.
'I wouldn't want to be patronising and say I haven't formed opinions on players. I saw them closely last season, both on and off the pitch, and that comes into my considerations but I am not foolish enough to think if there is one player who perhaps I thought might not be in my plans goes out and is the best lad we've got in that position then he will find himself in the team.
You may also want to watch:
'We have got pre-season and five or six weeks now to have a really good look. The opportunity is there now for all of them.'
- 1 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 2 Drivers delivering for Amazon have hundreds of pounds of pay withheld
- 3 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 4 Peter Crouch drove to Yarmouth while on Norwich loan - and wasn't impressed
- 5 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 6 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 7 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 8 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 9 Tenants battled 'extreme mould' for months
- 10 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park