No fall-out with Norwich City’s Timm Klose, insists Alex Neil
- Credit: Matthew Usher/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City boss Alex Neil insists there is no fall-out with Timm Klose.
The Swiss international has been dropped for the past three league games and captained the club's development squad in the midweek EFL Trophy exit against Swansea City's U21s. Neil is adamant there is no hidden motive behind the 28-year-old's recent omission.
'I'll be honest, it doesn't matter who the player is if they are not performing well enough then someone else will get an opportunity,' he said. 'Whether that person is an experienced player or not, makes no difference. We are here to win games, not satisfy who we deem to be big hitters or not. Of course you have to manage that situation maybe differently to if it was a younger player. It is a case of explaining why they are not playing and like anything else if they respond in a positive manner and they show they should be in the team then it quickly resolves itself. The fact is the players who were in the side were not in good form during our poor spell and we as a team were not on a good run. Someone else takes their place and naturally deserves a place in the team.'
Klose is again set to miss out on Saturday at Barnsley.
'In general terms, if they are not performing well things have to change,' said Neil. 'For me that is just normal. None of the lads who didn't play last weekend can have any complaints. We won the game comfortably. If they show up well and deserve to be in the team they will. I think in my time here I have dropped virtually every single player at one time or another. Not unfairly, just based on what they produced.
You may also want to watch:
'The easiest thing to do is play well and you stay in the team. We played a few senior lads during the week because we have got a hectic schedule, three games in six days coming up so those who played it was a case of topping up the minutes if they are required in this upcoming period.'
- 1 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 2 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 3 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 4 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 5 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 6 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 7 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 8 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 9 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'