New four-year Norwich City contract for Jonny Howson
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City midfielder Jonny Howson has signed a new four-year contract, keeping him at Carrow Road until at least the summer of 2019.
Howson's exisitng contract still had three years left to run, after signing a long term deal in December 2013, but Alex Neil has been keen to tie the 27-year-old midfielder down to an even longer stay at the Premier League new boys.
Howson has made 110 times in all competitions for the club, scoring 14 times and was an ever-present under the Scot in the successful Championship promotion push.
'I'm really pleased, especially after last season going so well,' he told the club's official site. 'Since the manager has come in everyone knows how well we've done, and I'm excited to remain a part of that. That's not to say it's going to be simple, because you always have to keep working hard.
'If everyone does that then I'm sure we'll have a good season. We had the highs of last year, but as soon as we came in during pre-season it was about getting underway again.
You may also want to watch:
'We're all really looking forward to it, as I'm sure everyone associated with the club is. It's a very difficult league so we've got to all pull in the same direction and hopefully we can get off to a good start against Crystal Palace.'
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 4 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 5 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- 6 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 7 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 8 City closing in on Werder Bremen striker
- 9 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 10 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate