‘An extremely positive addition’ – City fans welcome prospect of keeper signing
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Reports suggesting Norwich City are on the verge of signing goalkeeper Tim Krul on a free transfer have been widely welcomed by supporters.
The 30-year-old Netherlands international is a free agent after spending last season with Premier League side Brighton & Hove Albion.
Norwich City transfer rumours: Former Newcastle and Brighton keeper to join on free transfer
Krul was the established first choice at Newcastle for four top-flight seasons and made over 180 appearances for the Magpies during a decade with the north-east club.
Academy product Remi Matthews and Northern Ireland international Michael McGovern have been vying for the number one spot so far during pre-season but head coach Daniel Farke has hinted he had not yet settled on a number one.
Now it seems Krul could claim the gloves, having only made five appearances for Brighton – all in cup competitions – and featured as an unused substitute in all but five of the Seagulls' top-flight games.
You may also want to watch:
• Take a look at some of the reaction above
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 North Norfolk farmer who grew potatoes for Walkers crisps dies aged 92
- 4 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 5 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 7 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 8 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 9 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 10 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement