Fans to break 8,000 miles following Norwich City away from home during 2018-19 season
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City fans will clock up even more miles following their beloved Canaries in the 2018/19 Championship season.
The additions of relegated Premier League Swansea City and newly-promoted League One clubs Wigan and Blackburn to the second tier have helped add an extra 108 miles for those departing from the Fine City in a total travel of 8,018 miles for supporters heading to all 23 away league fixtures.
City's shortest journey will again be the cross-border visit to rivals Ipswich, which is a round-trip of 90 miles.
Daniel Farke's squad waved goodbye to Cardiff, who followed Wolves into the top flight, but the Swans will be an even longer haul, at a whopping 596-mile round trip.
Sunderland (506 mile round trip) is another welcome departure from the travel schedule, but there are now two more lengthy journeys to the north-west to face Blackburn (422 miles) and Wigan (450 miles).
You may also want to watch:
City will discover their Championship opponents when the new season's fixtures are published on Thursday, June 21. The 2018/19 Championship campaign is scheduled to begin over the weekend of August 4.
• 2017-18 total distance: 7,910 miles
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
• 2018-19 total distance: 8,018 miles
Aston Villa: 161 miles
Birmingham City: 163 miles
Blackburn: 211 miles
Bolton: 222 miles
Brentford: 127 miles
Bristol City: 244 miles
Derby County: 172 miles
Hull City: 146 miles
Ipswich Town: 45 miles
Leeds United: 176 miles
Middlesbrough: 228 miles
Millwall: 120 miles
Nottingham Forest: 125 miles
Preston: 239 miles
QPR: 126 miles
Reading: 166 miles
Rotherham United: 156 miles
Sheffield United: 160 miles
Sheffield Wednesday: 162 miles
Stoke City: 171 miles
Swansea City: 298 miles
West Brom: 166 miles
Wigan: 225 miles