‘My biggest challenge is going to be handling the expectation around me’ - Norwich City boss Alex Neil on Premier League spotlight
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Alex Neil is ready to handle the Premier League spotlight after guiding Norwich City to the top flight.
The 33-year-old's youth and status as the only Scottish manager now operating in the big league are likely to bring extra attention after his impressive work in plotting the Canaries' Championship exit.
'My biggest challenge is going to be handling the expectation around me,' he said.
'Over the last two years, earning back-to-back promotions, means a lot of people will expect us to do well in the Premier League but it's extremely difficult.
'It will take a hell of a lot of hard work to just compete at that level. The fact I am so young as well will bring a lot of focus, but I do not read a lot into it. I am just here to do as well as I can, and am really determined to make us as good as we can be in the Premier League
You may also want to watch:
'The gulf between the Championship and the Premier League is vast. You can see that, but teams go up and do it.
'I just believe in the messages I am asking them to do. I believe in myself in what I am looking to do, and I believe they can carry it out.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
'We have good quality players, who are prepared to work hard, so we can achieve anything. I give them clear guidelines and if they don't do it, they will know, but if they do I know we can get success.'