Mustard TV to screen two Norwich City pre-season matches live
- Credit: Archant
Supporters of Norwich City will be able to watch the club's two home pre-season friendlies on television – after it was announced that Mustard TV will broadcast the matches live.
City have two friendly games at Carrow Road next week, against West Ham on Tuesday (7.45pm kick-off) and Brentford on Saturday (3pm).
Both of those matches will be screened on Archant's local TV service for Norwich, Mustard TV, which has announced an exclusive partnership with Lowestoft theme park Pleasurewood Hills to sponsor its new programme 'On the Ball City Live' (OTBC Live).
Craig Nayman, chief commercial officer of Archant, which is also the parent company of the Eastern Daily Press and Norwich Evening News, said: : 'We are delighted to announce Pleasurewood Hills as the sponsor of our new programme On The Ball City Live. It is a great example of how we can marry a local business with an engaged local audience through television.
'We are also excited to be partnering with Norwich City FC on this unique opportunity, we have an excellent relationship with the club and this initiative builds on those close ties.'
OTBC Live will include half-time and post-match analysis and coverage of both matches will also be repeated – the West Ham match at 11pm the following night and Brentford at 7.30pm the same day.
You may also want to watch:
Liam Holmes, general manager of Pleasurewood Hills, said: 'Our theme park serves thousands of customers a year, predominantly from the Norfolk and Suffolk area. We're pleased to be announced as the sponsor for Mustard TV's live coverage of these matches as it's a unique opportunity for us to reach a local audience who enjoy being entertained.'
Coverage of both matches will also be uploaded to Norwich City's Pay TV service, Canaries World, for fans to watch on demand.
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
Romily Broad, head of content at Norwich City FC, added: 'This is an exciting partnership with Mustard TV and will provide those fans who are unable to join us at Carrow Road for the games the opportunity to watch Alex Neil's side in action, as we approach the start of our Barclays Premier League campaign on 8 August.'
Fiona Ryder, managing director of Mustard TV, added: 'Mustard TV is thrilled to have partnered with Norwich City FC to secure the broadcast rights to the club's pre-season friendly matches and create a new programme.
'With the industry seeing an increase in local TV franchises, it highlights Mustard TV's capabilities as a broadcaster, serving the interests of our local audience.'