Extra trains services to run for East Anglian derby this weekend
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
Extra train services will be provided this weekend for the East Anglian derby.
Norwich City face Ipswich Town at Portman Road at midday on Sunday with thousands of people travelling to the match.
Greater Anglia will be operating three extra services; a 10.50am service from Norwich to Ipswich and one at 2.35pm from Ipswich to Norwich. Both will call at Diss.
There will also be a 2.40pm service from Ipswich to Bury St Edmunds.
Other services will run as usual between the stations.
You may also want to watch:
Due to Network Rail engineering work between Lowestoft, Great Yarmouth and Norwich on Sunday, extra bus services have been organised to help get fans to the match.
Passengers are advised to check before they travel
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
Andrew Goodrum, Greater Anglia's customer service director, said: 'We are expecting services to be busy as the derby is always a popular match.'