More Canaries and Inter legends added as Carrow Road charity exhibition edges closer
Four former player-of-the season winners have been added to the Norwich City Legends team which will face Inter Forever at Carrow Road next month.
Darren Eadie, Gary Holt, Lee Croft, and Spencer Prior all lifted the Barry Butler Memorial Trophy during their Canaries careers and have been added to the big names already announced for the Sunday, May 20 exhibition match, along with four Inter additions.
The game will mark 25 years since the famous UEFA Cup run of Mike Walker's team and will raise funds to the build the Community Sports Foundation's new hub, The Nest.
Speedy winger Eadie made his professional debut against Vitesse Arnhem in the first round, while centre-back Prior – fresh from qualification for the 2019 Women's World Cup as head coach of Thailand – played the full match at the San Siro against Inter.
Combative Scotland international midfielder Holt made 182 appearances for the Canaries, before two spells on the coaching staff, as assistant to Neil Adams and first-team coach under Alex Neil. Tricky winger Croft he made over 100 appearances before departing for Derby County.
Inter Forever have mirrored City's squad additions, by unveiling four more players of their own – Alessandro Bianchi, Massimo Paganin, Francesco Colonnese, and Giuseppe Baresi.
Bianchi and Paganin both played against City during the 1993-94 UEFA Cup campaign, with Inter winning both legs of the third round 1-0 thanks to goals from Dennis Bergkamp, and were subsequently involved in the victorious two-legged final against Austria Salzburg.
MORE: Build the Nest
Colonnese who lifted the UEFA Cup with Inter in 1998 and Baresi captained Inter for four seasons, representing Italy at both the 1980 European Championships and the 1986 World Cup.
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 6 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 7 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
- 8 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 9 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 10 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
They join glittering ensemble of legends for Inter Forever that includes the likes of Jurgen Klinsmann, Javier Zanetti, Marco Materazzi and Francesco Toldo.
Norwich Legends confirmed: Bryan Gunn, Darren Huckerby, Adam Drury, Chris Sutton, Iwan Roberts, Grant Holt, Mark Bowen, Rob Newman, John Polston, Daryl Sutch, Robert Ullathorne, Paul McVeigh, Youssef Safri, Spencer Prior, Darren Eadie, Gary Holt, Lee Croft
Inter Forever confirmed: Francesco Toldo, Javier Zanetti, Nicola Berti, Marco Materazzi, Maicon, Jurgen Klinsmann, Giorgos Karagounis, Alessandro Bianchi, Massimo Paganin, Francesco Colonnese, Giuseppe Baresi
• Tickets are £9.93 for adults and £1.93 for U18s and are available at tickets.canaries.co.uk, by phone on 0844 826 1902 or from the ticket offices at Carrow Road, Castle Mall or Chapelfield.
• Find out more information about the Build the Nest campaign at thenest.org.uk