Mitchell Dijks wants to take Norwich City back to the Premier League
- Credit: Jasonpix/Norwich City
Mitchell Dijks is up for the challenge of spearheading Norwich City's Championship promotion push after sealing an initial loan move from Ajax.
The 23-year-old defender has agreed a deal until the end of the season, with an option built in for the Canaries to make Dijks' move permanent.
'I'm really excited, it's a fantastic club with great people,' he said. 'I'm hungry to play. To get to the Premier League with Norwich, that's my first goal and I'm excited to do that step.'
Dijks is a product of Ajax's famed academy and had made 12 appearances this season for the Dutch giants. The left-back was touted with Premier League champions Leicester City last season after breaking into the Dutch national set-up.
'This is one where we've had to work hard to get it over the line but for us it's a bit of a coup,' Alex Neil told the club's official site. 'He's played Champions League football and he's really highly thought of. He wasn't playing this season at Ajax, and that gave us an opportunity.
You may also want to watch:
'He'll bring size and stature; he's six feet four inches tall, strong and athletic. I think all of those qualities are certainly things that will add to the squad.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed