‘He is a fantastic player at this level’ – Millwall boss surprised to see Marshall on the fringes at Norwich
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Millwall boss Neil Harris is surprised that Ben Marshall has not been able to force his way into Norwich City's team.
The 27-year-old scored three goals and created another five during 16 games on loan with the Lions from Wolves during the second half of last season, primarily on the left wing.
However the Canaries beat Millwall – their opponents at Carrow Road on Saturday – to the former Blackburn midfielder's signing in a reported £1.5million deal this summer.
'He's a top, top player,' Harris told the South London Press & Mercury. 'He is a fantastic player at this level and it's no secret we chased hard to get him over the summer.
'Ben's had a niggle and then an illness. He has found himself out of the team and the team has had great results.
'I'm sure he is champing at the bit to get some action at the weekend. The team has been doing so well it is hard to break back in.
'We know his capabilities in various positions. We'll be fully aware of that if gets the opportunity to get on the pitch against us.'
Marshall started the first four games of this season at right-back but fell out of contention after a disappointing midfield performance during a 2-0 home win over Preston.
The emergence of youngster Max Aarons as first choice right-back and missing almost two weeks due to illness set the summer signing back and he played in two under-23 fixtures to get back up to speed.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 6 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 10 Which Norfolk hospital has the longest ambulance handovers?
He has featured on the bench during City's last two matches but has not played since a late cameo during the 3-1 win at Cardiff in the Carabao Cup in late August.