Midfielder admits Boro allowed Canaries to find their rhythm too easily
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Middlesbrough midfielder Adam Clayton admits the visitors allowed Norwich City too much time on the ball during their defeat at Carrow Road.
Clayton had to come off in the 70th minute of Boro's 1-0 defeat after a tackle from Alex Tettey left him with a cut shin which required stitches.
'It's not the standards we've set so far this season, especially on the ball,' the 29-year-old told his club's website, after seeing their unbeaten record come to an end, as well as five matches without conceding a goal.
'It wasn't a bad start but we dropped a bit too deep and gave them too much of the ball. Once we did that they got into a bit of a rhythm.
'Then our first pass when we won it back wasn't good enough. They didn't create loads of chances and I don't think we deserved to lose today, but we need to do more and we know that.
'There's a game on Wednesday (at home to Bolton), and we can put that right there.'
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 This is when thunderstorms will hit Norfolk this week
- 3 Fire crews to remain at scene of nature reserve blaze overnight
- 4 Man's surprise at finding virtually naked man asleep on car in Cromer
- 5 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Holidaymakers face further severe TUI delays from Norwich
- 8 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this week
- 9 Brother and sister found dead in home were grieving beloved father
- 10 Police catch over 20 drivers speeding in 45 minutes near fatal crash site