WATCH: Delia Smith’s message to Norwich fans during coronavirus lockdown
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images
Norwich City Football Club majority shareholders Delia Smith and her husband Michael Wynn-Jones have shared a heartfelt video message with fans.
The pair, who are “cocooned in the cottage”, recorded the message on an iPhone and the club shared it with fans via social media on April 11 - coming up to three weeks into UK lockdown.
Delia said: “We wanted to try and do this in order to make contact with you all to tell you how much we miss you.
“We hope you are ok because everyone of you is precious and we want you to look after yourselves and do everything you’re told to do.
“We’re doing everything we’re told to do, we’re completely isolated.”
You may also want to watch:
The Norwich City enthusiasts then spoke about how difficult it is to fill the “void” left by the suspension of live football and how they are coping.
Delia said: “There’s only one way to deal with that big black void in our lives that is no football - think about that first home game at Carrow Road and what it’s going to be like.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 5 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 6 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 7 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 8 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 9 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 10 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
“Just keep imagining what that’s going to be like. It’s going to be amazing.”
The pair ended the video with “We love you, we miss you, stay safe.”