Matthew Etherington - Stoke looked worthy winners against Norwich City
Matthew Etherington believes it was clear which team was going to win at the Britannia Stadium on Saturday.
The winger produced a bit of quality that settled a poor game in Stoke's favour, a week after the Potters turned over Swansea – and Etherington was happy to take the plaudits.
'This has put us up to eighth and is a big result for us,' he said. 'We knew these last two home games were important so to get six points from them is perfect.
'We have some big games coming up now, none more so than the quarter final of the FA Cup. It's a big few weeks. But the last couple of weeks have also been important and we have pulled it out. Hopefully, we can keep going, get into a bit of form and really push on for the last bit of the season.
'Norwich were decent and they were organised. I thought we were the better side though. I know it probably wasn't the best game to watch but if anyone was going to win the game I think it was us. I think that was plain to see.
You may also want to watch:
'I'm just happy we got the win in the end. It's not been happening for me for one reason or another. You get that sometimes and I am as frustrated as the fans are.
'It was nice to score and get the win. I was angry with myself for not shooting beforehand, that's probably why I just put my foot through it. It was out of anger more than anything but I caught it well.'
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale