‘This is the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with’ – Matt Jarvis
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Injury-plagued Matt Jarvis has spoken of the difficulties he has faced during his time as a Norwich City player.
Jarvis has started just 13 games for the Canaries since signing from West Ham back in September 2015.
He is currently on the comeback trail, playing the first half for the Under-23s in a Premier League International Cup draw with VfL Wolfsburg last week.
But the 32-year-old admits dealing with his injuries has been tough – physically and mentally.
'This is the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with really,' he said, speaking on the Wolves Fan TV podcast, 'Getting an injury is extremely frustrating, it is extremely difficult. Every single day all I have wanted to do is play football.
You may also want to watch:
'It is the most frustrating thing ever, for me, and it is really hard to deal with physically, it is hard to deal with mentally, extremely difficult.
'On that side of things I have been very fortunate that while I have been injured I have had a son with my wife so that has really helped me through my journey of getting back to fitness. But it has been the hardest couple of years of my life for sure.'
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall