Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney a doubt for Norwich City clash but Robin van Persie should be fit
Wayne Rooney is a doubt for Manchester United's trip to Norwich City tomorrow because of an ankle injury - but Robin van Persie should be fit.
The striking duo pulled out of midweek internationals for England and Holland, respectively, but it does not seem the damage is too bad in either case.
'There is a doubt about Wayne, but Robin should be fit,' United boss Sir Alex Ferguson said this morning.
Ferguson also re-stated his intention to hand Javier Hernandez a start after his match-winning cameo at Aston Villa last week.
'Javier came on last week and changed the game completely,' said Ferguson. 'He should start tomorrow.'
You may also want to watch:
Ferguson also confirmed Jonny Evans was doubtful for the Carrow Road encounter with a groin injury.
However, the United boss had good news on Phil Jones. The England defender has not played for the Red Devils this term after suffering a knee injury during pre-season. Jones is closing on a return, though, which could come against Galatasaray in the Champions League on Tuesday.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend
- 10 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub
'Phil has been training all week,' said Ferguson. 'We will take him to Turkey. That is a great start for him.'