Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney a doubt for Norwich City clash but Robin van Persie should be fit
Wayne Rooney is a doubt for Manchester United's trip to Norwich City tomorrow because of an ankle injury - but Robin van Persie should be fit.
The striking duo pulled out of midweek internationals for England and Holland, respectively, but it does not seem the damage is too bad in either case.
'There is a doubt about Wayne, but Robin should be fit,' United boss Sir Alex Ferguson said this morning.
Ferguson also re-stated his intention to hand Javier Hernandez a start after his match-winning cameo at Aston Villa last week.
'Javier came on last week and changed the game completely,' said Ferguson. 'He should start tomorrow.'
Ferguson also confirmed Jonny Evans was doubtful for the Carrow Road encounter with a groin injury.
However, the United boss had good news on Phil Jones. The England defender has not played for the Red Devils this term after suffering a knee injury during pre-season. Jones is closing on a return, though, which could come against Galatasaray in the Champions League on Tuesday.
- 1 Overnight works on stretch of A47 prompt 50-mile diversion for two weeks
- 2 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 3 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 4 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 5 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 6 'Genuine shock' after biker killed in town centre hit-and-run
- 7 Friend pays tribute to 'kind-hearted' 20-year-old who died in bike crash
- 8 Police ask neighbours to turn in inconsiderate parkers in new crackdown
- 9 Part of Norfolk Coast Path to close for seven weeks
- 10 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
'Phil has been training all week,' said Ferguson. 'We will take him to Turkey. That is a great start for him.'