Rumour Mill: Two names floated following keeper exits; Robins still want winger
- Credit: Dave Rowntree/PPAUK
Norwich City are reportedly tracking Dean Henderson and Danny Ward as new goalkeeping options for next season – according to Press Association Sport.
With on-loan Manchester City stopper Angus Gunn back at his parent club and set to ply his trade somewhere else next term, plus the expired contract of unused Paul Jones, there is a perceived need for fresh blood between the sticks at Carrow Road.
Manchester United's 21-year-old Henderson enjoyed an impressive League One season for Shrewsbury Town alongside City loanees Carlton Morris and Ben Godfrey – alongside his England Under-21 debut – and is out of contract at Old Trafford this summer, although United would be owed compensation.
However, Bristol City are most likely to sign the Red Devils man as they search for a replacement following Luke Steele's summer exit and Robins question marks over last season's number one, Frank Fielding.
Liverpool and Wales keeper Ward, 24, has been previously linked with Norwich given he was signed by the Canaries' current sporting director Stuart Webber – being Huddersfield Town's number one during their 2016-17 Championship promotion season under David Wagner.
However, it is understood 24-year-old City academy product Remi Matthews remains in prime position to claim City's number one spot heading into pre-season after his own, equally successful third-tier loan at Plymouth Argyle.
Matthews, like Henderson, is yet to play Championship football and out of contract next summer, although there is an option for a further year for the Norfolk keeper.
- 1 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 2 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 3 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 4 Nine fire crews battling large field blaze near Norwich
- 5 Corrections made to prices at Yarmouth's new leisure centre
- 6 Smoke billows over Norwich as fire breaks out at Mousehold Heath
- 7 WATCH: Nudist camp saved from field fire by farmers
- 8 Where will be the hottest place in Norfolk this weekend?
- 9 Behind the scenes at Britain's most dilapidated hospital
- 10 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
Experienced Northern Ireland international Michael McGovern also has a year remaining on his current City deal, but may again have to play second fiddle to an up-and-coming keeper.
Away from City's goalkeepers, out of favour Wales forward Marley Watkins remains a likely summer City exit after a disappointing first season at Norwich, with Bristol City maintaining their long-term interest.
• For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…