Millwall fan faces trial for being drunk and disorderly at Norwich City’s Carrow Road
- Credit: Archant
A Millwall fan from London is to go on trial for alleged disorderly behaviour at Norwich City's Carrow Road ground during his team 4-3 defeat.
A Millwall fan is to go on trial accused of disorderly behaviour at Norwich City's Carrow Road ground.
The Canaries beat Millwall 4-3 in a thrilling comeback in the game last November that saw injury time goals from Jordan Rhodes and Teemu Pukki, who netted a 97th minute winner.
Neil Illingworth, 48, appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court on Tuesday, having been charged with being drunk and disorderly in a public place, Carrow Road, on November 10 last year.
Illingworth, of Rotherhite, south-east London, pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The case was adjourned for a pre-trial review on February 22.
Illingworth was granted unconditional bail until the next hearing.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 2 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 3 Woman 'shocked' to find CCTV in Marina Centre changing room
- 4 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 5 Cromer Carnival events cancelled due to extreme heat.
- 6 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 7 Firefighters remain on scene of huge forest fire near country park
- 8 Flood alerts issued along the north Norfolk coast tomorrow morning
- 9 Investigation closed into fatal crash where car crashed into river
- 10 How region has been saved from hosepipe ban