‘Truly hope he goes on to achieve great things’ – Canaries fans wish Maddison well at Leicester
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City supporters are wishing James Maddison all the best after seeing his expected move to Premier League side Leicester City confirmed.
Maddison has signed a five-year contract with the Foxes for an undisclosed fee, reported to be worth up to £24million with a series of potential add-ons, a club-record sale for the Canaries.
The England Under-21 international's former club, Coventry City, will be due a proportion of the multi-millon pound transfer as part of a sell-on fee negotiated when Maddison originally moved to Carrow Road in 2016.
Maddison underwent a medical and finalised personal terms on Monday, after the Canaries accepted a bid from Leicester over the weekend.
Premier League rivals Southampton were the only other club to make a firm offer despite speculation linking Maddison with a number of top flight clubs, including Tottenham, Liverpool, Everton and West Ham.
Maddison scored 14 goals in 42 Championship games for Norwich last season but the end of Premier League parachute payments made it inevitable the Canaries would have to cash in on their prized asset.
You may also want to watch:
• Take a look at some of the best of the reaction above
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 9 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 10 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE