Loan Watch: Norwich City loanees James Maddison and Jacob Murphy help Coventry to 6-0 victory
- Credit: PA
James Maddison scored his first Coventry goal since rejoining his boyhood club on loan from Norwich City.
The 19-year-old midfielder, who joined the Canaries in a permanent deal in January, scored his third goal of the season in a 6-0 home win over Bury which ended a run of five games without a win for the League One promotion hopefuls.
Fellow Norwich loanee Jacob Murphy also started for the Sky Blues, being substituted in the 71st minute, with Maddison also being replaced two minutes later.
Elsewhere in the third tier, striker Jamar Loza came on in the 51st minute of Southend's 1-0 loss at Scunthorpe United, Louis Thompson played the final half-hour of Swindon's 4-1 win at struggling Colchester and Harry Toffolo was an unused substitute as Paterborough were thumped 4-0 at home by Bradford.
In the Championship, Josh Murphy played all of MK Dons' vital 1-0 win at Derby County, while in Scotland, striker Carlton Morris played 66 minutes of Hamilton's 0-0 home draw with Dundee United in the Premiership and Conor McGrandles was an unused substitute as Falkirk were held to a 2-2 home draw by Raith in the Championship.
You may also want to watch:
Over in Spain, Ricky van Wolfswinkel played the opening 63 minutes of Real Betis' 2-2 draw at Deportivo in the Primera Division, starting his second game in succession.
The Dutch striker has scored two goals in 14 games for Betis, both in a cup match against Sporting Gijon in December.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 6 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?