MATCHDAY LIVE: Sheffield Wednesday 5-1 Norwich City – Canaries thrashed on final day
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Follow all the build-up, live score, action and reaction as we bring you full coverage of Norwich City's EFL Championship game of the 2017-18 campaign against Sheffield Wednesday, in our Matchday Live blog from Hillsborough.
Our City correspondents Paddy Davitt, Michael Bailey and David Freezer are following the Canaries from the matchday build-up to full-time fallout.
They bring you all the action and talking points before, during and after today's final league clash of the campaign with Jos Luhukay's Owls (12.30pm).
• Follow live updates from the match and the rest of the day as it unfolds, above
The Canaries are bidding to finish in 12th place and ahead of their arch East Anglian rivals Ipswich Town, and helped that cause significantly with an excellent 2-1 win over Leeds United – as Carrow Road said goodbye to Wesley Hoolahan.
Meanwhile, Sheffield Wednesday held champions Wolverhampton Wanderers to a goalless draw at Molineux last time out.
The Owls are 16th in the table, and unbeaten in three games.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 2 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 3 Carriageway of A11 remains closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 5 Recycling centre closures planned as part of £15m County Hall cuts
- 6 Customers travelling especially to visit charming new café at fishery
- 7 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 8 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 9 Police called after sudden death at home near Norwich
- 10 Classic car show back this weekend with over 700 vehicles
The Canaries have lost their previous seven visits to Hillsborough, conceding 18 goals in the process – their last victory being a 5-0 thrashing in the last game of 2001.
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.