MATCHDAY LIVE: Norwich City 1-0 Middlesbrough – Canaries enjoy a double bubble
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Follow all the build-up, live score, action and reaction as we bring you full live coverage of Norwich City's EFL Championship visit from Jonny Howson and big-spending Middlesbrough, in our Matchday Live blog from Carrow Road.
Our City correspondents Paddy Davitt, Michael Bailey and David Freezer are following the Canaries from the matchday build-up to full-time fallout.
They bring you all the action and talking points before, during and after today's league clash with Tony Pulis' Boro (3pm).
• Follow live updates from the match and the rest of the day as it unfolds, above
City picked up an excellent 1-0 win at Brentford last time out, thanks to another stunner from James Maddison.
Daniel Farke should also be buoyed by the fact the January transfer window closed on Wednesday night with Maddison still on his City books.
If selected to feature, Boro's visit will offer the first chance for Carrow Road to see City's January signings: Onel Hernandez, Dennis Srbeny, Moritz Leitner and Marcus Edwards.
- 1 New camera installed to catch drivers at speeding hotspot in Norwich
- 2 River Wensum stops flowing through mill for first time in a century
- 3 Noise warning issued due to late night fighter jet training over airbase
- 4 Mystery continues as owner of 'massive' snake yet to come forward
- 5 Four-bed home with swimming pool and Mediterranean garden on sale for £595k
- 6 Restaurant boss frustrated at summer no-shows 'strangling the industry'
- 7 Road closure announced for huge vintage market with 60 stalls
- 8 £26m seafront leisure centre opens doors for first time today
- 9 One of the world's largest container ships anchors off coast
- 10 Hundreds turn out to see Lionesses star Lauren Hemp given freedom of town
Middlesbrough have won their last three away Championship games, but were held to a goalless draw by Sheffield Wednesday at home on Tuesday night.
The game will see Jonny Howson's first return to Norwich following his summer exit, while City beat Boro 1-0 at the Riverside Stadium earlier in the season – again, one earned by another Maddison stunner.
Norwich can move within two points of the promotion chasers with victory.
Things don't get much easier for the Canaries following Saturday's game, with a tricky trip to high-flying Derby County next weekend ahead of the following Sunday's East Anglian derby with Ipswich Town at Carrow Road (12pm).
Each and every Norwich City first-team game, our reporters will be on the scene. If you see them – especially with their cameras – say hello.