Lewis Grabban suspended by Norwich City after Rotherham snub
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have taken strong action against Lewis Grabban after his no-show at Rotherham by suspending the striker.
The Sun claimed the forward has been punished followed talks with Alex Neil earlier in the day, as the fallout continued from his absence prior to Tuesday's Capital One Cup win against Rotherham.
Norwich have declined to comment officially this evening, but a fine and a potential omission fron the squad for Sunday's Premier League trip to Southampton are believed to have been options under consideration from the club's top brass in response to Grabban's apparent breach of club discipline.
Grabban is not expected to return to the club until after the weekend following the outcome of this afternoon's discussions.
Neil made it clear after the Millers' cup victory he would deal with the matter in-house after confirming City had rejected a third bid from Premier League rivals Bournemouth on Tuesday morning, in the region of £5.2m. The transfer deadline is September 1.
Grabban reportedly left the team hotel without permission after discovering he would not start at the New York Stadium and returned south ahead of the rest of the squad.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 2 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 4 Carriageway of A11 remains closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 5 Recycling centre closures planned as part of £15m County Hall cuts
- 6 Customers travelling especially to visit charming new café at fishery
- 7 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 8 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 9 Police called after sudden death at home near Norwich
- 10 Peter Crouch speaks on bid to track down his 'Norfolk husband'