Former Canaries midfielder joins Swansea City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City academy graduate Korey Smith has joined Swansea City after his release from Bristol City.
The midfielder has penned a two-year deal at the Liberty Stadium, and is hoping to help the Swans return to the top-flight.
The 29-year-old made 73 appearances for the Canaries, helping the club gain promotion from League One in 2009.
“I have not come here to have a holiday, I want to try and get this team back to the Premier League. That is my goal,” he told Swansea City’s website.
“I have a young family and I wanted to be able to get settled nice and quickly, I did not really want to wait around,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“When this opportunity came up, I jumped at it, to be honest.
“Me and my family are really excited to come down here. I have two young boys who cannot wait to get out on the beaches and enjoy the Joe’s ice cream we have been hearing so much about.”
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 6 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 7 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 8 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift