Former Canaries midfielder joins Swansea City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City academy graduate Korey Smith has joined Swansea City after his release from Bristol City.
The midfielder has penned a two-year deal at the Liberty Stadium, and is hoping to help the Swans return to the top-flight.
The 29-year-old made 73 appearances for the Canaries, helping the club gain promotion from League One in 2009.
“I have not come here to have a holiday, I want to try and get this team back to the Premier League. That is my goal,” he told Swansea City’s website.
“I have a young family and I wanted to be able to get settled nice and quickly, I did not really want to wait around,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“When this opportunity came up, I jumped at it, to be honest.
“Me and my family are really excited to come down here. I have two young boys who cannot wait to get out on the beaches and enjoy the Joe’s ice cream we have been hearing so much about.”
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler