Jet-setting Norwich City add Braga and Brighton visits to their pre-season programme
- Credit: AP
Norwich City will face Europa League opposition on Portuguese soil as part of their warm-up programme for the 2013-14 Premier League.
A week after returning from their three-game tour in the United States, the Canaries will jet off again. This time it will be to Portugal where they will face SC Braga, who finished fourth in the Primeira Liga last term, at the Axa Stadium on Friday, August 2.
Sandwiched in between will be City's first visit to the Amex Stadium, where they will face Brighton and Hove Albion on Tuesday, July 30.
City manager Chris Hughton said: 'It's two exciting away games for us to play as we prepare for the start of the new season.
'Brighton have a fantastic new ground, which I am pleased our fans will now get the opportunity to go and see us play in. More importantly though, they are a quality opposition.
'They just missed out on promotion last season in the play-offs and I'm sure will be challenging once again in the new season.
'I had the pleasure of visiting Braga last season and it's a very unique stadium, but again a very high quality of opposition. That's the most important thing. These are two games that will help us greatly to prepare for the new Premier League campaign.'
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 8 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 9 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 10 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
City are also close to announcing their pre-season fixtures at Carrow Road, along with some City XI games against local opposition.
• City's confirmed pre-season schedule so far: Thurs, July 18 v Club Dorados de Sinaloa (7.30pm), Raley Field, Sacramento; Sat, July 20 v San Jose Earthquakes (7.30pm), Buck Shaw Stadium, San Jose; Wed, July 24 v Portland Timbers (8pm) Jeld Wen Field, Portland; Tues, July 30 v Brighton (7.45pm), AmEx Stadium, Brighton; Fri, August 2 v Sporting Braga, (KO tbc) AXA Stadium, Braga, Portugal.