Jarvis plays full game as City Under-21s are beaten
- Credit: Matthew Usher/Focus Images Ltd
West Ham Under-23s 2 Norwich City Under-23s 1
Matt Jarvis got another game under his belt as Norwich City's Under-23s slipped to a narrow defeat at Dagenham.
The winger, on the comeback trail after recovering from a knee injury which has kept him out of first team action all season, played the full 90 minutes against a strong Hammers side.
The hosts, who had the likes of a fit again Sam Byram, Reece Oxford and Ashley Fletcher in their line-up, opened the scoring on 56 minutes when Fletcher converted from close range after being picked out by Moses Makasi. It was 2-0 on 71 minutes when a swift counter-attack ended with Marcus Browne chipping the ball over Ben Killip.
City responded almost immediately when defender Joe Crowe headed home from a corner – but they could not force an equaliser.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich: Killip, Efete, Ramsay, Grant, Godfrey, Crowe, Middleton (Ashley-Seal 63), McGrandles, Morris, Jaiyesimi, Jarvis. Subs not used: Hallett, Odusina, McIntosh, Lewis.
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 10 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes