Jacob Murphy returns to Norwich City after Scunthorpe loan deal ends
- Credit: Richard Calver/Focus Images Ltd
Jacob Murphy has returned to Norwich City after Scunthorpe United opted not to extend his loan deal with the Iron.
The 19-year-old joined Scunthorpe on an initial month's loan in January and made three starts before being dropped to the bench for matches against Leyton Orient and Oldham.
Iron boss Mark Robins had initially said he was going to speak to the Canaries about extending Murphy's stay but has decided to pursue other options.
'Jacob has done absolutely nothing wrong and he would have been an asset,' Robins told the Scunthorpe Telegraph.
'I needed to make a decision based on the fact at some point I needed to do something else in another position where we may have an injury.'
City boss Alex Neil is keen for his young guns to stay out on loan wherever possible to get match experience.
However, the end of Murphy's loan means he is the fourth youngster to come back to the City ranks over the past weeks after Cameron McGeehan, Carlton Morris and Jamar Loza all returned from Cambridge, York and Yeovil respectively.
- 1 Norfolk pub named one of the UK's best eateries with a view
- 2 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
- 3 Landowner to close path after abuse from dog owners letting pets off lead
- 4 Could some Norfolk schools be set for three-day weeks?
- 5 'Help yourself' - farmer gives away tonnes of onions damaged by heatwave
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Blaze near children's playground in Norwich believed to be arson
- 8 Nine fire crews tackle blaze at industrial estate
- 9 Car carrying six children not wearing seatbelts caught on A47
- 10 Man in 30s arrested on suspicion of drug dealing in rural village