Jacob Murphy returns to Norwich City after Scunthorpe loan deal ends
- Credit: Richard Calver/Focus Images Ltd
Jacob Murphy has returned to Norwich City after Scunthorpe United opted not to extend his loan deal with the Iron.
The 19-year-old joined Scunthorpe on an initial month's loan in January and made three starts before being dropped to the bench for matches against Leyton Orient and Oldham.
Iron boss Mark Robins had initially said he was going to speak to the Canaries about extending Murphy's stay but has decided to pursue other options.
'Jacob has done absolutely nothing wrong and he would have been an asset,' Robins told the Scunthorpe Telegraph.
'I needed to make a decision based on the fact at some point I needed to do something else in another position where we may have an injury.'
You may also want to watch:
City boss Alex Neil is keen for his young guns to stay out on loan wherever possible to get match experience.
However, the end of Murphy's loan means he is the fourth youngster to come back to the City ranks over the past weeks after Cameron McGeehan, Carlton Morris and Jamar Loza all returned from Cambridge, York and Yeovil respectively.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 7 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 8 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 9 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 10 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash