Starting XIs: Aarons and Buendia start as City name attacking line-up for derby clash with Ipswich
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Daniel Farke has made a bold selection ahead of today's East Anglian derby, throwing youngsters Max Aarons and Emi Buendia into the heat of a Portman Road battle as part of three changes.
The Canaries suffered a chastening 3-0 home defeat to early leaders Leeds last weekend but made 10 changes for the trip to Premier League side Cardiff on Tuesday, winning the Carabao Cup second round tie 3-1.
Aarons, 18, scored the third goal in midweek and has earned his first league appearance, with summer signing Emi Buendia also making his first Championship start.
Alex Tettey starts in a 4-1-4-1 formation, with Ivo Pinto, Tom Trybull and Louis Thompson the players to drop out of the starting team from the Leeds defeat.
City arrive in Suffolk unbeaten in 10 games against their bitter rivals, stretching back to November 2010, having won 1-0 at Portman Road last season thanks to a James Maddison strike.
Ipswich have made six changes, including dropping Poland international goalkeeper Bartosz Bialkowski and bringing in new signings Matthew Pennington and Jonathan Walters.
The hosts go into the game bottom of the table having taken just two points from their opening five league games under new boss Paul Hurst.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 9 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 10 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'
They are also without summer signing Toto Nsiala, with the centre-back starting a three-game ban following a red card during Town's 2-1 loss at Sheffield Wednesday last weekend, but midfielder Cole Skuse has managed to shake off a quad issue.
Norwich: Krul; Aarons, Hanley (C), Klose, Lewis; Tettey; Buendia, Pukki, Leitner, Hernandez; Rhodes. Subs: McGovern (GK), Godfrey, Zimmermann, Stiepermann, Trybull, Srbeny, Thompson
Ipswich: Gerken; Spence, Pennington, Chambers (C), Knudsen; Nolan, Skuse; Edwards, Graham, Walters; Jackson. Subs: Bialkowski (GK), Chalobah, Harrison, Ward, Downes, Edun, Kenlock