Iron striker linked with Canaries
Paul Hayes could be on his way back to Carrow Road.A national newspaper claimed yesterday that the Canaries were keeping tabs on the 26-year-old striker, who is currently with Scunthorpe.
Paul Hayes could be on his way back to Carrow Road.
A national newspaper claimed yesterday that the Canaries were keeping tabs on the 26-year-old striker, who is currently with Scunthorpe.
Hayes is out of contract in the summer and that would suit City, who have also been linked with Walsall defender Manny Smith when his deal expires.
Hayes has scored 10 goals for the Iron this season, but has scored 37 in 125 starts since moving to Glanford Park in the summer of 2007.
You may also want to watch:
He began his career at Norwich, coming through the ranks, but was unable to break into the first team, despite making the bench for the first two games of the 2001-02 season.
In December, 2002, he was released from his Academy contract and started the first of two spells with Scunthorpe, moving to Barnsley in June 2005 before returning two years later, having had a loan spell at Huddersfield.
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 6 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 7 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 8 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 9 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 10 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland