Ipswich Town player came close to punching Norwich City supporter
Ipswich Town striker Noel Hunt has revealed how he almost came to blows with a Norwich City fan during the pitch invasion after the Canaries' 3-1 win.
Hunt admitted he had to be restrained by his brother, Stephen, to stop him from hitting the fan.
'When I went out to warm up a couple of times, one of Norwich's older fans, mid 50s, was shouting abuse at me,' he explained in a post on beanbagsports.com.
'When the full-time whistle went, their fans invaded the pitch. As I walked across to applaud our fans I could hear him on the pitch shouting behind me. I thought, just give me one chance. I then thought, no, leave it.
'We owed it to the fans to applaud them and I threw my shirt into them. As I turned around, that guy was there. He was wanting to square up to me and I thought right, just hit him, just hit him as hard as you can.
You may also want to watch:
'As I go to flinch, a hand grabs me. It's Stephen. He says just leave it. I don't even know where he came from.
'That would have been the worst thing I could have ever done.'
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 6 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 7 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 8 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 9 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 10 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'