30 of the best images from City’s 1-1 derby day draw at Ipswich
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The unbeaten run goes on – and now you can re-live Norwich City's 1-1 derby draw at Ipswich through some of our favourite images of the Portman Road battle.
The Canaries hit back to grab a Championship point against their bitter rivals, after seeing Gwion Edwards' deflected effort fly past the wrong-footed Tim Krul in the 57th minute.
Moritz Leitner levelled the score with a fine left-footed strike from the edge of the Town penalty area in the 71st minute, finding the bottom-right corner after good play from Onel Hernandez on the left wing.
With the local bragging rights shared for the second successive game, Norwich stretched their unbeaten derby run – already the longest in the history of the fixture – to 11 matches.
Town have not tasted victory over City since April 2009 and saw arguably their best chance of reclaiming the local bragging rights since that game slip away.
For the Canaries the point steadied the ship after a 3-0 home defeat to Leeds the previous weekend but the performance still left plenty to be desired.
• Scroll through more images from the game below
- 1 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 2 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 3 Six fire crews battle large field blaze in south Norfolk
- 4 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 5 Here's when parents can get complimentary tickets to BeWILDerwood
- 6 Film crews for Paramount crime series to visit ANOTHER Norfolk village
- 7 Corrections made to prices at Yarmouth's new leisure centre
- 8 Behind the scenes at Britain's most dilapidated hospital
- 9 Come and meet the animals you could adopt at RSPCA open day
- 10 New 250-space car park could be created near picturesque Norfolk harbour