30 of the best images from City’s 1-1 derby day draw at Ipswich
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The unbeaten run goes on – and now you can re-live Norwich City's 1-1 derby draw at Ipswich through some of our favourite images of the Portman Road battle.
The Canaries hit back to grab a Championship point against their bitter rivals, after seeing Gwion Edwards' deflected effort fly past the wrong-footed Tim Krul in the 57th minute.
Moritz Leitner levelled the score with a fine left-footed strike from the edge of the Town penalty area in the 71st minute, finding the bottom-right corner after good play from Onel Hernandez on the left wing.
With the local bragging rights shared for the second successive game, Norwich stretched their unbeaten derby run – already the longest in the history of the fixture – to 11 matches.
Town have not tasted victory over City since April 2009 and saw arguably their best chance of reclaiming the local bragging rights since that game slip away.
You may also want to watch:
For the Canaries the point steadied the ship after a 3-0 home defeat to Leeds the previous weekend but the performance still left plenty to be desired.
• Scroll through more images from the game below
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country