‘I hope we haven’t seen the last of Tettey in a Norwich shirt’ – Injury concerns for City fans after draw at Barnsley
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City fans are hoping they haven't seen the last of Alex Tettey, after the midfielder was taken off on a stretcher during a 1-1 draw at Barnsley on Tuesday night.
The long-serving Canaries favourite is coming to the end of his contract and it remains to be seen if the gash to the 31-year-old's foot will bring an end to his campaign early.
Head coach Daniel Farke did suggest after the game that the former Norway international's injury wasn't as bad as first feared, after seeing Josh Murphy's ninth goal of the season prevent a second defeat on the bounce – but his team's winless streak stretch to seven matches.
The academy product scored his fifth league goal of the campaign in the 71st minute of the game at relegation threatened Barnsley, to cancel out Oli McBurnie's opener for the hosts on the stroke of half-time.
Murphy turned home from a tight angle after a good cross from left-back James Husband, making his first appearance of 2018 as one of five changes to Daniel Farke's injury and illness affected squad. Christoph Zimmermann was another of those returning but managed 56 minutes as City returned to a formation with three central defenders.
You may also want to watch:
It was the introduction of Cuban winger Onel Hernandez for Zimmermann and Murphy also moving wide in a 4-1-4-1 shape which sparked an improved performance though, with Murphy also firing a fine chance for a winner over the bar in injury-time.
• See some of the best of the reaction above
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 4 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 5 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 6 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 7 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 8 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest