Impressive City youngsters march on in FA Youth Cup
- Credit: JASON DAWSON/JASONPIX
Burnley Under-18s 0,
Norwich City Under-18s 4
Norwich City's youngsters turned in another superb away performance to book their place in the fifth round of the FA Youth Cup.
David Wright's team followed up their 5-1 win at Watford in the previous round with an impressive 4-0 thumping of Burnley at Turf Moor thanks to two goals apiece from Benny Ashley-Seal and Louis McIntosh.
The win set up yet another away game, against Queens Park Rangers on a date to be confirmed, but that should hold no fears for the Canaries on the evidence of their form in the national competition so far.
You may also want to watch:
It was a dream debut for 16-year-old Icelander Agust Hylnsson, who was thrown straight in at the deep end by the Canaries after completing his move to the club on Thursday.
After almost opening the scoring early on he played his part in setting up an emphatic win before being substituted midway through the second half.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 6 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 7 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 8 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 9 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 10 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend
Hylnsson fired Glenn Middleton's cross over the bar after just six minutes before Burnley went close on a couple of occasions.
But City never looked back after taking the lead on 39 minutes when Ashley-Seal slotted home from the penalty spot.
They doubled their lead four minutes after the break when Ashley-Seal smashed the ball home from a corner and made the tie completely safe on 67 minutes as McIntosh played a neat one-two with Ashley-Seal before firing home.
McIntosh then hit the woodwork before Norwich made it four late on as same player burst through on goal and slotted the ball home,
Norwich Under-18s: Hale-Brown, Aarons, Wallis, Odusina, Syme, Sambu, Hlynsson (Payne 65), Spyrou (Kamal 72), McIntosh, Middleton, Ashley-Seal (Fleming 68).