Oliveira frustrated with lack of chances on return to Canaries starting XI during defeat at Hull
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Our latest Norwich City player watch followed the fortunes of striker Nelson Oliveira as he was brought back in from the cold by head coach Daniel Farke. Here's how he fared during yesterday's dramatic 4-3 defeat at Hull...
8 – Picks up possession to the right of the Hull box, turns and thumps a shot which flies just over the top-left corner and furious that referee doesn't give a corner for a deflection off Max Clark.
15 – Holds up Harrison Reed's pass in midfield, turns and tries to play in Marley Watkins but Ondrej Mazuch intercepts with a header.
17 – Controls the ball just inside the hosts' area with his back to goal but is cleaned out by goalkeeper David Marshall to win a penalty and Maddison equalises.
26 – Challenges Michael Dawson in the air on halfway and annoyed to have a foul given against him, told to calm down by referee Tim Robinson.
You may also want to watch:
33 – Calms possession in City's half and then tries to spread left to Jamal Lewis but over-hits the pass out of play and punches the air in frustration, given a sympathetic pat on the head by captain Alex Tettey.
37 – Holds up an Angus Gunn goal-kick, shrugs off Harry Wilson to leave him on the floor and very nearly threads Watkins into the right channel.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
45+3 – Onel Hernandez finds him on the left, attacks Ola Aina but has to cut back, ball stolen by Jarrod Bowen but Oliveira tackles back, cleanly, despite appeals from home crowd for a foul. Throw given.
51 – Drops out of the box to try and keep a James Maddison corner alive but can't and loses possession.
54 – Tries to push forward from his own half but stopped by a solid tackle from Bowen in midfield.
67 – Receives flick-on from Hernandez on the left and lashes a shot over from a tight angle.
88 – Tettey turns a Hull clearance back into the box but Oliveira is out-muscled by Dawson as ball spins away from them and Watkins can't turn his shot goalwards.
90+3 – Holds up Hoolahan's throw from the right with a couple of decent touches before losing possession in the box.
VERDICT: Isolated in the second half as City imploded but plenty of effort first half, winning the equalising penalty. Still just one goal in 14 games though and that's the stat that matters for strikers. Not exactly grabbed the chance for redemption offered to him by Daniel Farke having been dropped for his attitude in training but offers more than Dennis Srbeny has so far.
RATING: 6 out of 10