Norwich City transfer rumours: Cameron Jerome to Derby County; Nelson Oliveira to Swansea City?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Derby County are ready to make a late bid for Norwich City striker Cameron Jerome, while strike partner Nelson Oliveira is a surprise target for Swansea City.
The Telegraph claim Rams boss Gary Rowett is keen to strengthen his forward line by recruiting Jerome, who is yet to find the net for City this season.
It is not the first time Jerome has been linked with a move away this summer with both Nottingham Forest and Sunderland mentioned a possible destinations for the former Stoke man.
However, it would appear unlikely City head coach Daniel Farke would sanction the departure of Jerome with only Nelson Oliveira and Marley Watkins as other recognised striker options.
You may also want to watch:
That won't stop Derby testing Norwich's resolve though and reports of a £3m bid could prove tempting for a player coming towards the autumn of his career.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
Derby already have a wealth of strikers at their disposal with David Nugent, Chris Martin and Matej Vydra but Rowett is keen to land Jerome before the 11pm deadline on Thursday night.
Meanwhile, Oliveira, who has been widely touted with Championship rivals Reading all summer and again in recent days after Jaap Staam's public courtship, is now a reported £12m target for Premier League Swansea City.
The striker is in the Portugal squad for tonight's World Cup qualifier against the Faroes but that has not stopped the rumour mill suggesting he could be Premier League-bound in the coming hours. Oliveira scored once in 11 appearances during a brief loan spell for the Swans in 2015.