Gallery: Tears flow as Wes Hoolahan concludes his decade as a Norwich City icon
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
It was a tearful but successful final appearance as a Norwich City player for Wes Hoolahan – and you can re-live the emotional day with our photo gallery.
The Irishman made his 352nd and final appearance for the Canaries and enjoyed a starring role as Daniel Farke's team beat Leeds 2-1 during their final Carrow Road game of the campaign.
The 35-year-old equalised just before half-time with a long-range shot which deflected on to one post and then went in off the other, hinting that it was to be Hoolahan and City's day.
The playmaker was then influential in the build-up to the winning goal, teeing up Josh Murphy to lash home from 10 yards and put the hosts in front.
Hoolahan's farewell was then brought to its expected early finish to allow the Canaries faithful their chance to say goodbye, being replaced by Tom Trybull in the 84th minute.
The victory was then followed by the traditional lap of appreciation, led by Hoolahan amid a party atmosphere, as other City players including player-of-the-season James Maddison and loanees Angus Gunn and Harrison Reed were also given rousing receptions.
• Scroll through some of our favourite images from the day below
- 1 Major incident in city after reports of stabbing
- 2 Film crews for Paramount crime series to visit ANOTHER Norfolk village
- 3 Woman stabbed in neck and arm in city park
- 4 Range Rover hit by train after straying onto level crossing
- 5 Six fire crews battle large field blaze in south Norfolk
- 6 Woman in 50s arrested after house sealed off in quiet street
- 7 Here's when parents can get complimentary tickets to BeWILDerwood
- 8 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 9 46-cabin holiday park proposed for Norfolk countryside
- 10 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer